Sunday, December 19, 2010

If you know the song "Where is the love" by The Black Eyed Peas then I would like to know if it made an impact on you. I was listening to it, reading the lyrics and wondering if people have completely lost all sense of love for each other. To help bring my point across here is the chorus:


People killing people dying
Children hurtin you hear them crying
Can you practice what you preach
Would you turn the other cheek?
Father Father Father help us
Send some guidance from above
Cause people got me got me questioning
Where is the love?



I know that a specific someone will say something about the grammar but this song has me wondering "Where the love at"? What happened to "love your neighbour as you love yourself"? Yes, there are organizations that care for people in foreign countries but what about the average person? I once heard a very smart man that said "The average person thinks he/she is better than the average person". - Dr. David Jeremiah

If we think we're so much better than the average person then why don't we treat the average person as we treat ourselves? Treat them with decency and respect.

2 comments:

  1. Oi! I'm not SUCH a stickler about grammar. ;-) It's a great song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good song!! It's just sad that we're not doing a good job loving others.

    ReplyDelete