Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yesterday I landed in the quite different island of Indonesia. In my short time here I have discovered that I like it very much!! It is warm but not as hot as what I expected ( I am not sweating/ glowing so its not so bad). The people are very friendly even if they can't understand you and visa verse. The etiquette is complicated and I am very confused about what I am supposed to do and not do, for instance greeting with the right hand only and not showing your shoulders,etc.Traffic is hectic! There are a million and one motorcycles who drive anywhere they want to and don't look where they are going! I would not want to drive here at all!! I went to the mall today and was quite surprised to find out that they have a christian music shop here!! The store sells most of the popular christian bands and local ones as well. I have a feeling that I am going to enjoy living here.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Let us know how everything else goes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that i'll come visit you there to...if it weren't for the money complication, but we look forward to hearing more from you about your exotic geographicall journeys. How long will you be there? By saying that it's not socially ecceptible to show your shoulders do you mean that it's not acceptable to wear something like a tank top? What do you do when you go swimming? if that's the 'rule'
    I miss you:) Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it isn't socially acceptible for the Indonesian women but for the foreign women its alright, unless you like people staring at you. If you go swimming then you wear a t-shirt and some boardshorts. Miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your swimming there? It's raining, and raining, and raining some more here. Everyone wishes that it would stop.

    ReplyDelete